Energy Sector Investigations
Ranging from wind turbine to hydroelectric turbine failures, CEP-Sintra offers a wide selection of energy related investigation services. Our team has the expertise to work on complex systems such as thermal power generation plants (gas turbines, diesel power generation) as well as cogeneration systems such as steam turbines.
Supported by various collaborators, CEP-Sintra also offers modeling and claims management services: assessment of damage and costs (extend of damage, loss of production, repair and replacement costs and remediation).
Our team of experts can help you with multiple services:
- Analysis of various failures: metallurgy, materials, mechanical, electrical and civil.
- Modeling by finite element method (FEM) for structural behavior or servicing equipment.
- Assessment of costs related to loss of productivity and business interruption.
- Project management for litigation cases.
- Steels, aluminum, copper and steel alloys with a high resistance to corrosion and oxidation.
- Plastics and composites.
- Metallic and non-metallic coatings.
- Process and material chemistry.
- Corrosion and cathodic/anodic protection systems.
- Physico-chemical analysis (scanning electron microscopy, infrared analysis, TGA, DSC) and various content analysis.
- Optical microscopy.
- Modeling and finite element method (FEM).
- Prototyping and simulation.
Our experts handle all aspects of an investigation, from site inspection to expert witness testimony in court.