Civil Engineer or Architect
We are currently seeking a Civil Forensic Engineers for our Quebec Office. That person will report to the Quebec Regional Director.
- Perform Codes (Québec Construction Code) and Standards compliance analysis and reviews;
- Performing upgrades to buildings after disasters;
- Conduct studies, simulations, and surveys on site;
- Investigate damage related to collapse of all kinds, flooding, wind, soil movement, blasting & vibrations, water infiltrations, condensation, slip and falls accidents, etc.;
- Determine the origin and cause of damage to building envelope, roofing membrane and to residential, commercial, industrial buildings structures;
- Manage the building permit application process related to building damage;
- Perform condition assessments of buildings and properties;
- Prepare reports and testify as an expert witness in Court.
- Expertise in building science, as well as extensive building envelope knowledge;
- Working knowledge of the Construction Codes and Standards;
- Excellent ability to synthesize information, analyze and solve problems;
- Efficient, attentive to details, good hands-on skills, setting priorities and organizational skills;
- Curiosity, good judgment and initiative;
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- University degree in Civil Engineering or in science of Architecture or a recognized equivalent;
- Should have a minimum of 7 years experience, preferably in inspection, consulting, and/or quality control;
- Licensed as an Engineer in Québec or as an Architecture in Québec;
- Strong command of both oral and written, French and English;
- Working knowledge of the Construction Codes and Standards.
- Valid driving licence
Join our dynamic team and Target the Cause with us!
We offer competitive compensation, attractive career opportunities, a mentoring program and internal training that is specialized and unique in our field. We also provide a flexible schedule and a pleasant working environment.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.