Geared towards professionals in the insurance industry, our lunch & learn sessions focus on specific technical aspects of an engineering investigation. We guide you through what you need to know and how an engineer can help in the various types of insurance claims.
Our Lunch and Learns deliver expert insight and practical information in a short amount of time. Our experts provide thorough and engaging information, designed to equip you with further tools to aid in your work. The information presented can be tailored to your group’s level of expertise.
What does a Lunch and Learn look like?
- Typically, 1-2 hours, each session is designed to fit within your preferred schedule
- We can present the session at your location or at any of CEP Sintra’s offices: whichever is most convenient for you.
- Lunch is provided
- Cross examination of expert witnesses
- Managing complex insurance losses
- Photography basics – How to get the most out of your camera
- The importance of photographs in forensic investigations
- Think Tank on Causation & Liability
- Understanding seatbelt and airbag effectiveness
- Low speed collisions – Resolving minimal damage claims
- Night-time visibility studies in accident reconstruction
- Detecting Hazards – Visual Problems Faced by Vehicle Drivers
- Accident reconstruction 101 – understanding accident reconstructions
- Black Boxes – new developments in Crash Data Retrieval
- Interpreting accident reconstructions for bodily injury
- Slips and trips go far beyond ‘Oops’
- The Biomechanics of Injury
- Occupant dynamics – what happens during a collision
Fire and Explosion:
- Answers out of the ashes – origin and cause investigations
- Electrical and appliance fires
- Heavy equipment fires
- Vehicle Fires – Origin and Cause
- An Introduction to Fire Modelling
- Investigating Sprinkler-Related Claims
- Electrical System Analysis
Civil and Structure:
- Soils and Foundations
- Building Envelope
- Building failure and structural engineering analysis: Case studies
- Rebuilding buildings – a structural engineering perspective
- Pool Failures and Problems
- Asbestos Management in a Claim
- Introduction to the Management of an Environmental Loss
- Diagnosing material failures
- Filtering facts through the cracks – The failure investigation process
- Property Loss Winter claims
- Oil Tank Failures
- Plumbing Component Failures
- Sump Pump Failures
*Many of our Lunch and Learn sessions are accredited with the Alberta Insurance Council.
Don’t see the topic you’re looking for? Contact us with your request!
For more information on Lunch & Learn sessions or to organize a session at your office, please contact: